Centre for Cancer & Bone Marrow Transplant
Yatharth Centre for Cancer & Bone Marrow Transplant is a comprehensive multidisciplinary institute. It brings in the latest technology with the most competent and highly skilled health care professionals under one roof. The center offers cancer treatment services starting from prevention and early detection to comprehensive treatment and palliative care. The Centre is supported by state-of-the-art equipment in Centres of Pathology, Radiology, and Blood Bank.
The department of medical oncology offers diagnosis and treatment for the entire gamut of solid tumors including all types of tumors of Head and Neck, Brain, Lungs, Breast, Esophageal, Liver, Gall Bladder, Pancreas, Urinary bladder, Prostate, Testicular, Kidney, Gynecological (Cervical, Ovarian, Breast etc.), Gastrointestinal cancers, bone sarcomas and soft tissue sarcomas.
The latest modalities of treatment offered are:
- Chemotherapy including as a daycare procedure
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Neo-adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Targeted Therapy
- Hormonal therapy
Multidisciplinary Tumour Boards
At Yatharth Cancer Centre, we believe that management of cancer patients involves teamwork. Each oncology case is discussed in a multidisciplinary tumour board comprising of medical oncologist, surgical oncologist, radiologist, pathologist, other specialities [Gastrointestinal surgery, Urology, Orthopedics, Gynecology, ENT, Gastroenterology, Neurosurgery]. After the tumour board, an optimal treatment plan is designed.
The department of Hemato-Oncology is dedicated to diagnosis and treatment of blood related diseases and cancers. Our expert team of doctors provide treatment for:
• Malignant Haematologic Conditions like acute leukemia, non hodgkins and hodgkins lymphoma, primary CNS lymphoma, chronic myeloid leukemia and chronic lymphocytic leukemia, multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndrome, myeloproliferative neoplasms and adult T cell leukemia.
• Benign Haematologic Conditions Like Anaemia, Thrombocytopenia, Thalassemia major, Aplastic anemia, ITP
Bone Marrow Transplant
At Yatharth Hospital, we have an experienced team of medical oncologists backed by ultra-modern infrastructure to provide best care to the patients.
Bone marrow transplant, also called hematopoietic stem cell transplant, is a treatment modality consisting of high dose chemotherapy with or without radiotherapy followed by hematopoietic stem cell transfusion. In most of the cases, this is accomplished without any surgery.
Bone marrow transplant is commonly done for blood cancers like acute leukemia, myelodysplastic syndrome, myelofibrosis, lymphomas and multiple myeloma; childhood cancers like neuroblastoma, medulloblastoma, germ cell tumors, Ewing’s sarcoma; and non-cancerous conditions like thalassemia major, aplastic anemia, sickle cell anemia, Fanconi’s anemia and some inborn errors of metabolism.
The highly skilled surgical teams of Yatharth Super Speciality Hospitals are trained and experienced in operating cancers including Head & Neck cancers, Breast cancers, GI cancers, Gynae cancers, Urological cancers and Musculoskeletal Cancers.
Head & Neck Surgeries offered at Yatharth:
· Composite Resection/ Commando operation for oral cancers
· Different types of Laryngectomies, TEP for voice rehabilitation
· Neck dissections
· Skin lesions of Head & Neck area
· Plastic Surgery: Reconstruction with Free flaps (Anterolateral Thigh flap, Medial Sural Artery Perforator flap, Radial Artery Forearm flap, Free Fibula flap), various local and regional flaps for reconstruction of face ,neck and oral defects.
Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgeries offered at Yatharth:
· Total Thyroidectomy
Breast Cancer Surgeries:
· Breast conservation surgery
· Modified radical mastectomy
Different types of oncoplastic surgeries are offered to reconstruct the breast as near normal as possible without any additional problems. Sentinel node biopsy can also be performed when indicated in breast cancer; it avoids the chances of swelling of the arm (Lymphoedema).
GI and Peritoneal Surface Malignancy Surgeries Offered:
· Surgery for esophagus and GE junction cancers
· Surgery for Gastric cancers
· Surgery for gall bladder cancer
· Surgery for pancreatic cancers
· Surgery for liver cancers
· Surgery for small bowel tumors
· Surgery for colorectal cancers
· CRS & HIPEC for appendiceal, peritoneal, colorectal and gastric cancers with peritoneal metastases.
· Multivisceral resection for retroperitoneal tumors
Gynecological Malignancy surgeries Offered:
- Staging laparotomy: Primary and secondary cytoreductive surgeries for ovarian cancer
- Simple hysterectomy
- Radical hysterectomy (Wertheims Procedure) for Cervix cancer
- Pelvic & inguinal lymph node dissection
- Simple & radical vulvectomy
Urological Malignancy Surgeries Offered:
- Partial and radical nephrectomy for kidney cancers
- Partial and radical cystectomies with ileal conduit for bladder cancer
- High inguinal orchidectomy & Retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for testicular cancers
- Partial and radical penectomy for penile cancer
- Open ilio-inguinal lymph node dissection & Video-endoscopic inguinal lymph node dissection
- Limb salvage surgery and amputation for bone tumors
- Wide excisions for soft tissue sarcoma
- Pneumonectomy and Lobectomy for lung cancer
- Wedge resection / metastatectomy for metastatic cancers
- Video Assisted Thoracoscopic surgeries (VATS)