Dr. Abhishek Kumar
Senior Consultant - Department of Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement
DNB (Ortho), D-Ortho, MNAMS (Ortho)
OrthopaedicsBook An Appointment OPD Schedule
Yatharth Hospital, Noida Extension.
Timings : 02:00 PM 04:00 PM
Days: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Profile:Dr Abhishek Kumar is one of the trusted names for orthopaedics and Joint replacement practicing arround Noida since last 10 years.He was associated with Jaypee hospital for 7 years from its inception and later worked at Kailash Hospital for 2 years. He is having an over all experience of more then 16 years in the field of Orthopedics. He was associated with more then 6000 knee replacement surgeries with excellent results. Apart from knee replacement he is also doing good number of sports injury cases. His other area of intrest is deformity correction and Ilizarov surgery. He is also doing complex trauma surgeries using latest technology. Dr Abhishek Kumar did his MBBS(2003) and D-Ortho(2007) from Prestigious KMC Manipal during which he was awarded with Distinctions.He completed his DNB Orthopedics from National Board of examination in 2010.He further upgraded his training at AO Trauma and did his Joint replacement training at chulalonkorn university Thailand. He was also associated with Indian cricket team as support staffduring India Pakistan test match in 2007. He is was awarded with many awards for his academic excellence and has published many research papers.
• Presently working as a Consultant in the department of Joint replacement and Orthopedics (joined JAYPEE HOSPITAL IN APRIL 2014) with independent admission and operating rights.
• Senior Resident at Apollo Hospitals Noida May 2007 – Jan 2008 • Registrar at Apollo hospitals Bilaspur Jan- 2010 - May 2012
• Registrar at Max Hospital Saket (May 2012 to Aug 2012) • Senior resident orthopaedics at Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Hospital (July 2012-April 2014)
Education & Fellowships:
M.B.B.S. - Aug 1998 to Jan 2004 at K.M.C. Manipal
D.Ortho-May 2005 to April 2007 at K.M.C. Manipal
D.N.B. Ortho-Jan 2008 to Jan 2010 at MIMS Rewari under Prof. S.S. Yadav(National
board of examinations)
MNAMS (ORTHO ) 2010
HIP REPLACEMENT Training at CHULALONGKORN UNIVERSITY BANGKOK 2017
1. Joint replacement(hip, knee shoulder elbow)
2. Revision Hip and knee replacement
3.Arthroscopy(ACL,PCL,MPFL,Meniscal repair Rotator cuff Repair,Bankart)
4. Acetabular fractures
5. Complex Trauma surgeries.
6. Ilizarov surgeries
9. Deformity Correction
10. Tendon Injuries
Awards & Honors:
Distinctions in Anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, forensic medicine, ophthalmology and PSM. Winner of IAP (Indian Academy of Pediatrics) Quiz (2002)
Research and Publications:
Original article published in DNB journal of Postgraduate education Jan 2010 issue. ‘’ clinical and radiological evaluation of the management of infected non-union of long bones”
1. Management of infected non-union of long bones at D.O.A. meet at Meerpur Rewari in April 2009.
2. Minimal invasive plate osteo-synthesis for metaphyseal fractures around the knee at CGCON 2012 JAN.
Posters presented Best poster award at CGCON 2012 ‘’ minimal invasive posterior instrumentation for chance fracture’’.